AuSPEN’s Clinical Practice Committee exists to facilitate and promote evidence based nutrition support practice throughout Australian and New Zealand.
The committee’s role includes:
- Identification of areas requiring clinical guideline development,
- Overseeing third party development of guidelines,
- Endorsement of existing guidelines and disseminating the outcomes.
- Interpretation/adaptation of existing evidence based practice guidelines to meet the needs of the Australasian context
- Facilitation of the development and endorsement of clinical resources (independent of clinical practice guidelines)
- Other activities as deemed strategically important that fit within the broader concepts of clinical practice by the committee and/or AuSPEN council
AuSPEN Clinical Practice Committee Current Projects
- Review of AuSPEN Micronutritient Guidelines for Parenteral Nutrition for Paediatrics and Neonates (in development phase)
- Review of AuSPEN HEN Guidelines (in development phase)